If only the picture could capture this rich treat. About a month ago I wanted to really have a binge day. I wanted to pig out. But I wanted to keep it wintery and from scratch. The results were better than anything I’ve ever taken out of a package, and near better to anything I’ve had from a restaurant.
-1 Spaghetti Squash
-1 stick of Grass Fed Butter, I like Kerrygold Irish Butter
-1 bunch fresh spinach
-1 big fat Cod Filet (or more)
– 1 Lemon
– Herbs of your choice
1. Preheat Oven to 375, Put in whole spaghetti squash. Relax. (Leave top rack open for the fish later)
2. Bring some olive oil in a pan to a low-medium heat. Chop leaks thinly, put them in pan, they’ll need to cook for a while. After a little bit, throw in the thinly sliced carrots. Add a teaspoon of butter or more olive oil if needed.
3. Prepare the Cod to stick in oven with 20 minutes to go on the Squash timer. Cod prep: Tin foil large enough to hold and cover cod and contain the juices (which you will use later). Put cod on foil. Place several dollops of the butter on top of fish, along with slices of lemon, and liberal use of herbs (I liked parsley, rosemary, and Mediterranean blend). Close foil and put on top rack. Relax.
4. When timer goes off, remove whole squash and cod. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop seeds and seed guts into trash(you will need to hold squash with an oven mit). Pull out the rest of the spaghetti meat with a fork into a bowl. If this is your first time making spaghetti squash, don’t be intimidated, the “noodles” strip out easily and naturally with a fork.
5. Throw a couple heaping spoonfuls of minced garlic into the simmering leeks and carrots. Then throw in spinach, turn up the heat, and right when the spinach gets soft, dump in about half of the spaghetti squash (the rest will be leftovers).
6. Now you add the rest of the butter (2-3 tbsp) and season with other herbs, salt, and pepper to taste as you mix the spaghetti, spinach, leeks and carrots together evenly.
7. Finally, serve the noodles, place the cod on top, and drizzle the lemon butter cod juice on top on the meal as your sauce.
Eat slow, and say mmmmmmm